HELP WANTED!

HELP WANTED!
Get Paid Every 24 Hours

Monday 9 January 2012

How to Correct Any Online Poker Problem Quickly

One of the greatest problems most amateur poker players have is an inability to correct their own mistakes, even when they know what those mistakes are. The simply question is: Why can't players correct problems that arise over and over again in their game? The answer is that they are trying to use their mind to correct the problem when they should really be using their hand. Here's how that works. First, this assumes you know what the problem is and you are correct in your assessment. If you determine that you problem is that you don't play Kxs enough from middle position in raised pots, then I don't think this advise will help you. In other words, the correction should be something that helps your game, not something that hurts it. Here's how you move training from your mind to your hand. It's simple and it works. 1. Identify your hole. (After you lose a hand if you think "God, I can't believe I did that Again!!" then you found a hole that this will correct.) 2. Create a direct, clear statement that you will NEVER do 'whatever' again. Or alternately that you will ALWAYS do something that you are failing to do. It has to be clear and start with the words "I will". 3. WRITE your statement by hand, slowly, clearly and carefully 100 times. Don't rush. Don't scribble. Don't cheat by writing "I, I, I, I" down the page then "will, will, will". The point is to actually change the way you think. 4. In the future if you do that thing you're not supposed to do again, then write your sentences again 100 time BEFORE YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO PLAY AGAIN. Typically this will take about 1 hour to complete. And when you're done the hole will be plugged. Here are some examples from my own experience - which I've written 100 times: I will never again call a Large Bet when I Know my Good hand is beat. Have you ever done that? You have trips and the flush hits and you know there's a 90% chance the guy was on the flush draw, but when he pushes or bets big you call anyway? I will understand that careful play is not weak. I did this one after losing $1800 by being recklessly aggressive with really good hands, but had I played those hands a little more carefully I would have seen that I was beat or lost much less money. Here are some statements that most beginners need to write: I will always check my position before making any decision. KT SUCKS. OK, this is a BIG one for beginners. You all have your 'lucky' hands or hands for some reason you play. Mine was Q9 when I started - don't ask! Whatever yours' is, write 100 times that it SUCKS! I will never call when I should raise, and I will never call when I should fold. I will never play a hand if I don't have a plan. If I have the obvious hand and make a pot sized bet then I'll believe the re-raiser has me beat. The list could go on and on. The point isn't to get writer's cramp, the point is to have a TOOL that you can USE when needed. Everyone has The Issue that keeps popping up. Fix it!! Now you know how. Anthony Okrongly is a professional online poker player, trainer and author of numerous underground poker books, insider guides and rapid poker improvement systems. His methods are at times as controversial as they are effective for both beginners and experienced players alike. You can find his books and articles on http://www.legalonlinepokerchallenge.com Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Anthony_Okrongly Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6798327

No comments:

Post a Comment